Is this project still alive?

Jan 15, 2010 at 5:10 AM

I found a bug. And have some suggestion.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM

Yeah, I just haven't touched it in awhile because I've been debating what to do about this project with the coming of the DLR, and the much more expanded Linq Expression Trees.  Which offer very similar capability, but don't allow you to as easily access private/protected members.

Whatcha got?

Jan 16, 2010 at 3:07 PM

The bug is in CodeExpression's property IsNull. "new CodeLiteral(null,ResultType)" should be "new CodeLiteral(ResultType,null)".

You are right.DLR and Expanded Linq Expression Tree provide an amazing tools to create dynamic library.But there were always somebody (like me) want to create IL code on himself and they dont want to emit a lot of label just for some "if" or "for".

Yes,Linq is good but it need .NET 3.5 and DLR even need .NET 4.0.There are lot of company still use .NET 2.0.

Expression Tree is a Syntactic sugar,IL source code is full of "new BinaryExpression" "new ConditionalExpression".It need compiler(or parser) support.

Many people (maybe Mono developers) need a lightweight-lowlevel-easyuse IL code generation library.Right? 

Sorry for my bad English.

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2010 at 6:23 PM
Edited Jan 17, 2010 at 3:56 AM

Thanks, I fixed the bug and a similar one.

Yup, all good points :)  I've updated the latest release with a new version containing the fix, other bug fixes and more documentation.  Also changed the extension methods to just regular static utility methods so that .Net 2.0 users can use the library.

Coordinator
Jan 19, 2010 at 1:38 AM

So what suggestions did you have?